I am re-reading the book The Elements of User Experience by Jesse James Garrett to update and realign myself with the basics of my design work.
My primary goal is to establish a system that could aid in producing visual designs that are anchored to an abstract entity such as an Information Architecture document. Could this be possible? We will find out in this journey as I modify and add to this knowledge.
In designing the user interface (UI) of an app, it is common to start with the design of the populated state of the UI. As designers, we envision perfect scenarios, common flows, and predictable results. This, understandably, contains the bulk of work a designer has to face. It contains all sorts of issues that need to be addressed.
In turn, we might neglect designing for the different states of the component or the whole system that we are designing.
In general, here are the different states a component might be in:
Groups presenting their pitch decks:
- Aboo is an audio book platform for Filipinos.
- Cleaning Lady is a social enterprise that seeks to bridge the gap between the privileged communities and the under served communities – by creating meaningful opportunities that bind them together and enable them to make a difference in each other’s lives.
- Cropital is a crowdfunding platform that connects anyone to help finance our farmers.
- PayMaya Escrow
- E.A.R.S. or Early Action Response System is an assistive wearable safety device for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Investagrams is a one stop shop to financial freedom. It provides a handy guidance for people who wants to start their journey in the world of stock market.
- Tarkie is a holistic tool that empowers businesses to measure and improve the accomplishments of their field teams.
- Taxumo is a mobile & web app that maximizes your tax savings and generates accurate business reports & tax forms in 1 click.
- Tralulu is a digital booking platform that connects travelers around South-East Asia to quality local guides who can provide local experiences.