👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
- Structure the groups
I’m taking a refresher on Information Architecture by reading Information Architecture: For the Web and Beyond by Louis Rosenfeld, Peter Morville, and Jorge Arango.
Information Architecture is as important as planning and strategizing in general—it’s one of the first steps when designing for many kinds of information systems and digital products.
- Interact to reveal more content and convert into plain text
- Structure content by grouping and labeling them based on function
Yesterday, our team attended a lecture in Agile and Scrum. I realized that some of its principles are familiar based on our practices as designers.
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity–the art of maximizing the amount of work not done–is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Convert Content into Plain Text
The first step of re-creation is to convert content into plain text. The structure isn’t important at this round. However, as a suggestion, we could start from left to right, top to bottom. For example, the first content could be seen at the top–right:
Gmail Images Menu Icon Sign In Button
Interacting with the elements is not yet required (e.g., clicking the menu icon). Convert only those that we could see visually. Later in the next round, we’ll convert the content that would be revealed while interacting with the elements.
This activity of gathering available content of a web page is part of the process called Content Inventory.