👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
I managed to remove the slug “blog” from the main site of my WordPress Multisite.
Now, why would I want that? Simply because my URL is: blog.dys.ph. It it sure looks not ok to have: blog.dys.ph/blog/post-name, right? So I removed it.
- In your main site (the one with the “blog” slug), go to Settings > Permalinks (/wp-admin/options-permalink.php)
- Choose “Default” and Save Changes
- In your Network Admin Sites (/wp-admin/network/sites.php), edit the main site
- On the Edit Site page, go to Settings (/wp-admin/network/site-settings.php?id=1)
- Scroll to Permalinks section and populate the field with this value “/%postname%” (without the quotation marks) and Save Changes
- Go to the URL of your main site and try it out – the “blog” slug should be gone
Lo and behold! Adobe comes out snatching the ball and slam-dunkin’ it in the ring.
While it rains shattered fiberglass, it introduces Comet.
A whole new experience in user experience design.
Design and prototype websites and mobile apps faster than ever with Project Comet, the first all-in-one solution for UX designers. Coming in early 2016 from Adobe.
Currently, these are my default plugins whenever I would install WordPress:
- Limit Login Attempts
As I am looking for ways to concatenate CSS and JS files in the theme that I’m working on (Applicator), I tested several PHP scripts and WP plugins.
And the only thing simple enough to work is Better WordPress Minify.
This is just what we need for government websites in Philippines – web design standards:
Once and for all, stop thinking too much when you write. Pages and pages of ideas pass you by as you think too much. Write, just write.
Let this be a sketchpad wherein raw ideas – instead of getting drawn – get serialized into a whole that might make sense. To you, to me and anyone in between.
My name is Dys – the lead designer of DYS design studio. Our power is in designing user interfaces for the web.
In here you might find stuff about the design process, front-end development and WordPress. And some of the tools that I use to make things happen.
Please bear with me if everything in here is a work in progress, open to debate and unassuming & unapologetic at the same time.