👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
- The One, Simple Secret To A Successful Career
- Matt Mullenweg: Collaboration Is Key
- Nielsen Norman Group
- Early-career UXers: Your most impressive work is missing from your portfolio
- Best Story Wins
- How People Learn to Become Resilient
- 12 Life Lessons From Mathematician and Philosopher Gian-Carlo Rota
One of the things he taught me early on was make reversible decisions quickly and irreversible ones deliberately, and I still return to that on a weekly basis. If it’s a reversible decision we’ll probably learn a lot more by doing it.Matt Mullenweg
Sign up for the email newsletter
Every week, I publish a reading list. Get it straight to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter.
- What Do You Call a Word with Capitals in the Middle?
- Grelling–Nelson paradox
- Sophrosyne: the art of mindful moderation
- The Rules of Margin Collapse
- Paul Graham
- The Best-Case Outcomes Are Statistical Outliers
- To Improve Your Team, First Work on Yourself
- It’s time we say goodbye to pixel units
- How to Write Your First Freelance Invoice
- The Nirvana fallacy: when perfectionism leads to unrealistic solutions
- An Invisible Cost of College: Parental Guilt
- How to avoid layout shifts caused by web fonts
- A Few Thoughts On Writing
- Ideas That Changed My Life
- Optimistic UI Patterns for Improved Perceived Performance
- 1,000 True Fans? Try 100
- Alternatives to Spinners on the Web
- Why do we need to be right?
This is the week that I’ve went back to digest two week’s worth of curious readings — from design to stock market to psychology.
- Jootsing: the art of jumping out of the system
- Chamath Palihapitiya closes GameStop position, but defends investors’ right to sway stocks like pros
- The service-based design org
- Culture-based user interface design
- Design and Science
- Validation is a mirage
- Why Tailwind Isn’t for Me
- The Aesthetic-Usability Effect
- Are Meaningful Daily Activities Linked to Well-Being?
- Please Stop Calling Things Archives
- Shopatainment: Video Shopping as Entertainment