👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
Sometimes you forgo the data, and make a gut call due to the nature of the problem and the macro goal you’d like to reach. And believe me, though it sounds like a ludicrous situation, time-sensitive problems crop up all the time in product development!Chris Lee
A UI Review is a testing methodology conducted by a designer (UI/UX/Front-end) on web products prior to Usability Testing.
The first aspect to be reviewed is visual design and the second is usability.
This is conducted primarily to ensure that the obvious negative findings in a Usability Testing are lessened.
Consider this scenario:
- a working mobile app is available for testing prior to production (launch)
- a designer will conduct a UI Review
- the reviewer will take note of visual design inconsistencies and usability difficulties
- the designer will revise the design based on the findings
- the mobile app is ready for Usability Testing
It is recommended that a UI Review is conducted on a working product rather than on a prototype or mock-up because this puts the reviewer in the context of actual usage and not just a replicated one.