This post has been moved to Design DriveThru.
Upon archiving stuff in my old hard drive, I encountered my equally old (circa 2004) template of Project Folder.
Over those years in designing websites, I’ve personally developed a system for organizing project files.
Project Folder v1.0
This particular Project Folder was structured as such:
- Project Folder: renamed to the [Project Name]
- Archive: screenshots, document files, research resources, miscellany
- HTML: the front-end stuff like HTML, CSS, media assets
- Source: the source files like Photoshop, Illustrator files
- Templates: image mock-ups in JPEG, PNG
Fast forward to 2008 – I was at the Chikka office for a Senior UI Designer interview. One of the questions I was asked was how I organized my design and development files or if I did. I proudly discussed Project Folder v1.0 since I developed it myself.