Hi, I’m Brian Dys — a photographer from the inside looking out · a composer entangled in electronic music · a UX designer · a spouse, a parent, & everything in between.
30 July 2012
Project Folder is a folder directory structure (either in Windows or Mac system) that is recommended in organizing projects.
Download a zipped file of [Project Folder ZIP file].
Project Folder – root directory; rename to project name
- comps – contains wireframes, studies, mock-ups, artifacts, deliverables; images you send to Pdev for approval
- dev – contains HTML/CSS/JS files
- branches – contains the temporary/experimental development files
- trunk – contains the latest version of the development files
- docs – contains documents from Pdev such as Business Rules, Use Cases, screenshots, pegs
- raw – contains the source files of artworks, graphics (PSD, AI, PNG)
Inside these recommended directories, you could organize folders by date. For example, inside the comps folder:
- 20121225 – contains JPG, PNG wireframes submitted to Pdev on December 25, 2012