👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
The Now & Next Framework can be used in planning for the Information Architecture of a software-product (websites and webapps). Basically, it is ideal to prioritize the Now and follow it up with the Next.
Current Relevance (Now)
- Answering for the user’s immediate need
- Which things are relevant for the user to know (information)?
- Which things are relevant for the user to do (actions)?
- Is it supported where the user want to go from here (navigation, sections)?
Relevant Discoveries (Next)
- Supporting and cultivating the user’s multi-faceted nature.
- Which things might be of interest to the user — whether to know (information), to do (actions), to go to (sections)?
Actions and Sections
Actions are functionalities the user can utilize in a particular section.
Sections are places the user can go to.
In this example, we demonstrate the Information Architecture of a Category page or screen.
* Templates (items that are saved as templates by the user)
* Favorites (items that are “starred” by the user)
* Recents (items that are recently interacted upon by the user)
* Categories or list of all items (it depends on how many items there are and / or how segmented they are — if they need to be categorized or listed flatly; categories can be headings only which can be navigated via drill-down)