👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
Music plays a substantial part of my everyday life. From activity to inactivity, it’s like second to the air that I breathe.
Apparently, there’s a thing called “second album syndrome” or the sophomore slump. But this isn’t anything about the literal first-released album of a musician but the first album of that musician you’ve heard of and all the songs in the collection kicked ass.
I noticed this after numerous times I have liked an artist/musician mostly for that one album – the first album that let me discover them. It may have stemmed out from the repetitive playback of that record until it came to mind to try to discover other albums of the same artist but seldom have I liked two in a row.
One (or two) album wonders
- Athlete – Tourist
- Bon Jovi – These Days
- Bon Jovi – Lost Highway
- Corinne Bailey Rae – Corine Bailey Rae
- Diana Krall – The Look of Love
- Jack Johnson – In Between Dreams
- Joanna Wang – Start from Here
- Kings of Convenience – Riot On An Empty Street
- KT Tunstall – Eye to the Telescope
- Oasis – (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
- Oasis – Be Here Now
- Orange and Lemons – Love In The Land Of Rubber Shoes And Dirty Ice Cream
- Rachael Yamagata – Happenstance
- Starsailor – Love Is Here
- Starsailor – Silence Is Easy
- The Sundays – Static And Silence
- The Thrills – So Much for the City