👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
Groups presenting their pitch decks:
- Aboo is an audio book platform for Filipinos.
- Cleaning Lady is a social enterprise that seeks to bridge the gap between the privileged communities and the under served communities – by creating meaningful opportunities that bind them together and enable them to make a difference in each other’s lives.
- Cropital is a crowdfunding platform that connects anyone to help finance our farmers.
- PayMaya Escrow
- E.A.R.S. or Early Action Response System is an assistive wearable safety device for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Investagrams is a one stop shop to financial freedom. It provides a handy guidance for people who wants to start their journey in the world of stock market.
- Tarkie is a holistic tool that empowers businesses to measure and improve the accomplishments of their field teams.
- Taxumo is a mobile & web app that maximizes your tax savings and generates accurate business reports & tax forms in 1 click.
- Tralulu is a digital booking platform that connects travelers around South-East Asia to quality local guides who can provide local experiences.
A symbol of development and prosperity – where people flock to work, play, and live.
The very least, a sweeper – someone who belongs to the streets to keep it clean – a person who encounters and faces the very least of the dirt that otherwise would hinder us from living in a clean environment.
Both of these terms come together to form an initiative to help the government formulate solutions primarily with the help of the internet.
From information dissemination to accessible web content and information to automated processes – MetroAide aims to take advantage of the internet to enable the Filipino people avail of the government’s services.
You really want to know?
If 5 won’t do, ask 300 times.
I am currently making a curriculum for the basics of HTML and CSS.
Revisiting CSS Levels, I have written in the past about it:
The important thing to remember is to pattern it after the Levels of HTML wherein we must begin with Accessibility and Usability in mind.
And from there on, we build towards Visual Design.
Using this as basis, one could argue that Colors and Typography are “nice-to-haves”.
Can your design stand in black and white?
Can your design stand in a serif font?
Yes, it should.
Metro Manila traffic is as bad as it is. We motorists make it worse when we employ “offensive driving” instead of defensive driving.
All types of vehicles, from the most expensive to the rusted ones, can get stuck altogether in the sweltering heat of the sun or the drenching gush of rain.
The least one could do is treat others as their road peers instead of road rivals. In doing so, we tend to subsidize traffic.
But how can one subsidize traffic, thus, improving the overall condition of it?
- Stay on your lane
- Let overtakers get ahead
- Give way to lane skippers
Stay on your lane
You may skip from lane to lane as long as you don’t disrupt the flow in that lane. Disrupting the flow could mean inserting your vehicle in an exact space in between two vehicles in that lane. If you don’t want the cognitive load of deciding where the fastest lane is – stay on your lane.
Let overtakers get ahead
You’re maybe racing with time to a destination but don’t race with overtakers. They might be in a “number two” emergency situation, you never know.
Give way to lane skippers
And if there are cars inserting themselves into your lane, slow down and just let them. If you don’t, two lanes are disrupted – theirs and yours. If you do, then congratulations, you subsidized traffic!
For next week, determine the valuation of the company.
Meet the VC, ask for money how much is needed for the next milestone and how much is the share you’re willing to give.