👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
- What the ‘meat paradox’ reveals about moral decision making
We know that poverty causes great suffering, yet instead of sharing our wealth we buy another pair of expensive shoes. We fundamentally disagree with the idea of child labour or adults working under horrible conditions, but keep shopping at discount stores. We stay in the dark, to protect our delicate identities, to maintain the illusion that we are consistent and ethically sensible human beings.Julia Shaw
- Disrespectful Design—Users aren’t stupid or lazy
- Not So Simple
- When Technology Takes Revenge
- Take The ACE Quiz — And Learn What It Does And Doesn’t Mean
- Adjacent skills: how to widen your career perspective
- Your career isn’t the only measurement of success — Maurice Woods
For others that may be facing a similar situation, I urge you to find what matters to you most. Life is short and careers are not the only measurement of success. If you are looking for the freedom to do the work you want to do at a company, find the role that suits your needs and let that guide your spirit in the direction that leads to a healthier, productive life.Maurice Woods
- How I Finally Got to Know My Father by Asking About His Past
- Embracing the tension between code and design
I am attracted to the idea of sharing video tutorials but not the thought of editing it for very long hours. Although I have RE:Creation, I feel like there are intricacies in tutorials that can be captured by video — but also, written documentation can be as intricate. And so, I embarked in searching for streaming apps and also found other stuff!
- Accordion Icons: Which Signifiers Work Best?
- A clean start for the web
- Use data to think, together @ Observable
- The case against diverging stacked bars
- Usability of Footnotes
- 31 Reasons Why (we should quit Facebook)
- The Creative World’s Bullshit Industrial Complex
They are what philosopher Harry Frankfurt would call “bullshitters.” Those that are giving advice for the sake of giving advice, without any regard as to how it is actually implemented, if it can even be implemented at all.Sean Blanda
- No true Scotsman
Since Jaycelle is joining the Curlfriend Ambassadors, might as well try to recreate Headshot Clinic’s design for #curlsbyzenutrients.