Hi, I’m Brian Dys — a photographer from the inside looking out · a composer entangled in electronic music · a UX designer · a spouse, a parent, & everything in between.
Huge companies spending a lot of money just to get their message to you.
Huge companies are afraid of disruptions from startups.
- Awareness > Familiarity > Consideration > Purchase > Loyalty
- Funnel, goes from big to small
- Because customer is satisfied, they will recommend it
- you pay for ad, but conversion rate is small because of trust issues in ads
- so to have higher conversion, you pay higher
Loyalty / Keep Customers
- loyalty program should not be about price or discounts (negative effect on revenue)
- the free version is designed as acquisition strategy
- it is about trial
- make money on the upsell on the premium features
The Customer Involvement Grid
- low involvement: can decide quickly
What is the special thing you’re offering
In which space do you play
Support reasons for the special thing
Core Messaging and the Message Box
- Engagement Message
- What problem of theirs can we solve?
- Solution Message
- Discuss ideal solution (no mention of brand)
- Reinforcement Message
- Introduce your solution; feature – benefit
- Value Message
- What will happen if they use your product
Map Message to Buying Process
If cost of acquisition is high, then per customer profitability is low.