👋 Oi, mga repapips, Brian Dys here! I love music, photography, and creative stuff like UX design and art. This is a place where I collect my thoughts and works. Apart all these, I’m Jaycelle’s better half and Bryce’s dad. 🥰
ADPList is instrumental in my growth as a designer, particularly in sharing my knowledge and experience in this industry. With that, I am thankful for the founders and team of this amazing organization.
I first encountered ADPList through The Inclusion & Diversity Compendium for Designers compiled by Marissa Louie in Designers Guild on Facebook. It was just a few months since the pandemic hit the world and it was only a small contribution for me to help fellow designers during these times — that’s why I decided to offer my time for free to mentor those who need it.
Here’s to more fruitful discussions with both co-mentors and mentees!
- 100 Things I Know About Design
- Bottom Up Pricing & Packaging: Let the User Journey Be Your Guide
- The Perils of “My Identity = My Job”
- How we built the Figma design team
- Where do IC designers go once they peak?
- Designing a Better Career Path for Designers
This concept was introduced to me by a manager of people development from my previous organization. She opened my mind by saying we should support the growth of people who are great being individual contributors.
And from that point forward, I realized that both roles (senior IC and manager) are equally important, strategically. Thus, having parallel growth in both tracks will benefit the organization, both its business and the people.
- Are You Moving Toward Your Mountain?
- Jesse James Garrett on Leadership and Information Architecture
- Wendy Johansson on design roles
- Inside Facebook Reality Labs: The Next Era of Human-Computer Interaction
- The Six Principles of Good Crisis Technology Design
- Why Competitive Advantages Die
- The Shortness of Time
- Web Vitals
- Modify Your Design for Global Audiences: Crosscultural UX Design
- The three types of burnout
- Fintech Disruption in Banking Industry Driven by UX Design